The mission of the Resilience, Risk Reduction, Suicide Prevention Program (R3SP) is to increase the readiness and resiliency of Soldiers and Families through:
- Education and Training- Provide prevention education and training to Soldiers and command.
- Early Identification- Assist in identification of users through drug testing, medical evaluation, screening, investigation, apprehension or self-referral.
- Risk Reduction- Compile, analyze, and assess behavioral risks to identify trends and units with high-risk profiles. Provide methods to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Deterrence- Help units initiate smart testing and advise Soldiers of command policies.
- Screening and Self-Assessment- Provide screening and self-assessment tools to Soldiers to evaluate their own risk.
- Rehabilitation- SAP is not a treatment provider, but helps Soldiers find approved treatment facilities around where they live to ensure successful completion of rehab.
- Targeted Intervention- Provide educational and motivational programs which focus on the adverse effects and consequences of alcohol and other drug abuse.
For more information or to receive assistance, please reach out to Sandra Wagner.