Resources for Retirees
Resource list of services for former members of the U.S. military.
- Military ID cards and Military Records: Here you will find a description of the eligibility requirements to obtain a military identification card, plus locations where ID cards may be obtained and links to help you set an appointment. Also, information on obtaining copies of your military records.
Retirement Services: Information and links on programs, services and benefits for military retirees.
- KanVet: A resources of links for veterans to information from the state of Kansas on employment, education and other topics of interest.
- Army Echoes Registration: Army Echoes informs Retired Soldiers, surviving spouses, and their Families about changes to their benefits and entitlements, developments within the Army, and how they can continue to support the Army.
- USAF Afterburner: The Afterburner is produced twice a year when funding permits, and is mailed via U.S. Postal Service to those without Internet access. An announcement and link to the online version of the Afterburner is emailed to those people with a myPay email address on file with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- DFAS Retired Military & Annuitants: The people of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service take pride in serving those who defend America. We take our contribution to national defense seriously. We work hard to fulfill the important fiscal responsibilities entrusted to us by the American taxpayers. We ensure the resources they provide are accounted for properly.
- Calculate Retired Pay: The tools on this page are used to perform calculations for a Service member who is performing active service or in an active status. An estimate of approximate compensation is based on your personalized inputs, no identifying data is requested nor retained by this website.
- TRICARE: TRICARE is the health care program for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families around the world.
- TRICARE Retiree Dental Program: Delta Dental is a trusted partner in oral health for a variety of Federal Government agencies. We're proud to offer great benefits, support and access to our large nationwide network of dentists to federal employees and annuitants, military retirees, Veterans and more.
- Kansas Veteran's Benefits: The Kansas Commission on Veterans' Affairs Office mission is to provide Kansas veterans, their relatives, and other eligible dependents with information, advice, direction, and assistance through the coordination of programs and services.
- Social Security - Extra Earnings for Military: From 1957 through 2001, if you had military service earnings for active duty (including active duty for training), you may have extra Social Security wage credits added to your earnings record.
- Soldier for Life: Army Retirement Services develops Army policies and oversees Army wide programs that educate Soldiers and their families about retirement, advise survivors of soldiers who die on active duty/inactive duty for training, advocate for and advise Retired Soldiers and surviving spouses until death in order to comply with federal laws and DoD and Army policies, convince Retired Soldiers to remain active Soldiers for life who help Veterans get hired, inspire the next generation to join the military, and connect Americans with the Army that defends them.
- My Army Benefits: the Official Military Benefits Website for Soldiers, Veterans, Retirees & Families.