To provide the Adjutant General a continuing assessment of the readiness of units and activities assigned to the Kansas National Guard.
- The Inspector General functions as an extension of The Adjutant General's eyes, ears, voice and conscience.
- We are unbiased fact finders who execute our duties based on four IG functions: teach and train; assistance; inspections and investigations.
Post the Following Notification in your work areas Right to Present Complaints (dtd October 23, 2020) (PDF).
- Keep the TAG, staff, and unit leadership fully apprised of significant issues and concerns affecting the KSNG, especially those issues and concerns pertaining to unit readiness and the care and welfare of Soldiers, Airmen, civilians, and family members.
- Work with the commands, units and other agencies, as appropriate, to help resolve concerns brought to the IG's attention. Through this partnership, we want to make the Command the "Hero" and help them to get there.
- When noncompliance with requisite standards is found, help commanders identify the "root cause[s]" of such noncompliance and work to fix them.
The IG will do everything possible to keep confidentiality when handling complaints; however it may be unavoidable to disclose some information to properly handle the case. In such instances we will try to contact the complainant prior to disclosure.
Appropriate IG Compliance
Read this guideline to determine if your issue is appropriate for the IG. "See the IG? (PDF)"
If you find your issue is appropriate for the IG, download and fill out the appropriate forms in the following: