Military Records

To request a copy of your military records, please complete an SF180 form (PDF) and email it to Kansas National Guard Mailbox Retirement Services or fax it to 785-646-0191. Once the request has been received, it will normally take approximately two weeks to receive your records .

Requesting Military Records

Contact the Kansas National Guard Military Archives for:

  • Kansas Army/Air National Guard records from 1946 to present
  • World War II (1941-1946) Statement of Service (pre-DD214)
  • Active Duty DD214s (1946-1991)

For discharges after 1991, contact Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs at 785-296-3976.

Active-Duty, Reserves, and Army National Guard records not located need to contact the United States Army Human Resources Command website for records.

If records are not available through the 190th Air Refueling Wing or the 184th Wing, you will need to reach out to the Air Force Personnel Center or the Air Force Retiree Services.

Request veteran's service records from National Archives in St. Louis. Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request online. Veterans and next of kin may request records.

Retirees after 2004 can access their Official Military Personnel File using the Human Resource Command My Records Portal to access their IPERMS records. If you have retirement questions, contact SFC Paul Newton.

Obtaining Military IDs

To obtain a military identification card view Military ID Resources. Some locations require appointments. View more information.

The following guidelines are offered to ensure that your identification card can be issued quickly:

  • The sponsor has to be with the dependents in order for identification cards to be issued. The only exception is that the dependents have a POA or a DD 1172 filled out and signed by the sponsor in block 90 and Section IV filled out by either a Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System card issuing facility and/or the unit full-timer.
  • Each person must have two forms of identification (one identification must have a picture). For the primary - acceptable forms of identification are military identification, driver's license, college identification, and passport. For the secondary - acceptable forms of identification are social security card and/or birth certificate or other state-issued identification.