Office of Emergency Communications
Serving as staff for the Kansas SIEC, the Emergency Communications Section works closely with public-safety practitioners throughout our state and nation to implement the strategies of the Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan. The Emergency Communications Section provides communications-related technical assistance to responders in the areas of planning, training, exercise, technology, and project development/implementation.
The Emergency Communications Section manages two deployable Communications on Wheels (COWs) whose primary function is to support 800MHz and interoperable communications throughout the state. In addition, the Emergency Communications Section serves as the Emergency Support Function 2 (Communications) coordinator within the Kansas Division of Emergency Management.
- All Hazards COML Position Task Book (PDF)
- All Hazards COMT Position Task Book (PDF)
- All Hazards INCM Position Task Book (PDF)
- All Hazards INTD Position Task Book (PDF)
- All Hazards RADO Position Task Book (PDF)
- CASM Asset form (PDF)
- Communications Policy New (PDF)
- Communications SOP Template (DOC)
- COMU Credentialing SOP (PDF)
- ESF 2 Communications Quals (PDF)