The Management Trainee Program is a non-rotational program that develops leaders who will drive the future of our organization. It’s a paid, full-time program for recent graduates with less than four years of professional work experience. Career opportunities will follow with hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop productive working relationships.
Upon arrival at BNSF, Management Trainees receive an overview of our railroad and industry during orientation at our Fort Worth, Texas headquarters. Once the one-week orientation is complete, Management Trainees move into their assigned departments for on-the-job training, if in corporate departments (Accounting/Finance, Corporate Audit, Human Resources, Marketing, Sourcing, or Technology Services). If in an operations department (Engineering, Mechanical, or Transportation), following orientation, you will spend time at our Technical Training Center in Overland Park, Kan., learning to lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company's vision.
THE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE PROGRAM BEGINS WITH A FAST-PACED, INTENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAM THAT INCLUDES:
- Training lasts approximately 12 months
- Two (2) week orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX
- Two (2) week technical (e.g. rules, safety) and personnel training conducted at our Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS
- Associated on-the-job field training conducted at assigned location
- 4 weeks of Signal Apprenticeship training
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The training program will include:
- Orientation into safety certification, warranty procedures, condition based maintenance, contract maintenance and foreign billing, audit procedures and railroad computer applications.
- Technical training both in the field location and at the Technical Training Center (TCC) in Overland Park, KS. Develop railroad knowledge to understand operations focused on engineering department, including interacting with other operations departments.
- BNSF will also support and assist in full-time Engineering employees who wish to complete testing and obtain their PE license.