Job Overview & Essential Functions
Murphy-Hoffman Company, LLC is North America’s largest Kenworth truck dealership group and leasing group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Apprentice / Mechanic. The role of the Diesel Service Apprentice / Mechanic performs light maintenance work under close supervision. First stage of training for Service Technician status.
- Performs maintenance type work (i.e., preventive maintenance, pre-delivery inspections, light electrical repairs, etc.) under supervision.
- Assists Service Technician in heavy-duty truck repair.
- Attends training sessions to gain knowledge and experience.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area and properly handles company tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- CDL preferred.
- Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities.
- Must have good customer relations and communication skills.