Seeking dedicated people with the desire to learn and build a career while exceeding the highest quality and safety standards. Diesel Mechanics are responsible for the operational capabilities of heavy machinery and mobile equipment within the field. This is an entry level role for a mechanic. We will train the right candidate.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment/machinery to ensure proper operating condition
- Proper utilization of hand tools, precision instruments, and power tool
- Adjust and reassemble equipment
- Perform routine maintenance
- Attach test instruments to equipment and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Rebuild gas and diesel engines
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Recondition and replace parts
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
- Adjust vehicle components according to specifications
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Operate transportation equipment to demonstrate function or malfunction
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Operate cranes, hoists, or other moving or lifting equipment
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor