The Service Technician Apprentice is an entry-level position with the ultimate goal of becoming a Service Technician. This position is part of a dedicated service team supporting and servicing the various brands of equipment we sell. This position performs mechanical work independently, while assisting Service Technicians on more complex troubleshooting and repairs.
- This position performs safety-sensitive functions including but not limited to, the operation of motor vehicles, other vehicles, equipment, machinery and power tools.
- This position focuses on learning and developing practical skills, participating in classes and workshops, observing and learning with an ultimate goal of becoming a skilled Service Technician.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on customer equipment, which may include heavy equipment, tractor/trailers, and other motor vehicles.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Identifies mechanical problems either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Examines critical parts and systems.
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems, may include welding.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Acquires and/or maintains a proper stock of equipment, tools, and materials needed to perform work.
- Plans and establishes timetable to complete repairs and maintenance and prepares quotes for customers.
- Tests machines to confirm safe and proper operation.