Candidates seeking employment with us are recommended to:
- Have a high school diploma or GED: You need a working knowledge of basic math and sciences. Having a high school diploma or GED shows that you have the knowledge to build on through experience and hands-on learning.
- Attend trade school: An apprenticeship or trade school allows you to learn the specifics of plumbing or HVAC from a qualified professional. You'll take what you learned in high school and apply it daily once you have a job in these roles.
- Get licensed: Every technician must pass their licensing exam to be considered a legal plumber or HVAC servicer. Every employee at Dick Ray Master Plumbers must have this certification before starting work.
- Have past experience: Previous plumber or HVAC technician experience is also a major advantage. You can spend less time training and more time getting on-the-job hours right from the start.
What You'll Do
When you join our team, we'll start training right away. Whether you prefer plumbing, HVAC repair or a little of both, we'll ensure you're up to date on the latest building codes. We teach you how to complete the following services:
- Install HVAC wiring
- Connect fuel and water supply lines
- Measure energy usage and make systems more efficient
- Install and repair small and large HVAC units
- Install and repair water heaters
- Inspect and maintain pipelines
- Unclog toilets and sinks