The Ford-Lincoln Technician Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of technicians with 3 or more years of professional automotive experience. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in the Ford-Lincoln brand. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train candidates to become brand-certified Ford-Lincoln Automotive Service Technicians. Candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a Four-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring.
The Ford-Lincoln Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
- The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Dealership uniforms are required.