Murphy-Hoffman Company, LLC is North America’s largest Kenworth truck dealership group and leasing group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Apprentice / Mechanic Intern. The role of the Diesel Service Apprentice / Mechanic Intern is a part time position while enrolled at technical school established to provide the employee on-the-job training and observe the intern’s technical competency, aptitude, and work attitude. During the internship, he/she will perform light maintenance and routine service until the necessary skills are demonstrated. Upon the satisfactory completion of the internship and school program, the intern will be progressed to the next appropriate level of responsibility.
- Performs assigned job functions under close supervision of a Foreman, Leadman, Supervisor or designated competent fellow employee.
- Gains work related knowledge and experience through on-the-job training and formal off-site training at current technical school.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area and properly handles company tools and equipment.
- Abides by all company and school policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.