Seaboard’s Corporate Accounting Department is responsible for corporate office financial statements, consolidation reporting, periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), technical guidance consultations, coordination with external auditors, the development and communication of accounting policy and education throughout Seaboard’s subsidiaries, enterprise risk assessments, and new technology initiatives.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about our communication means within the organization, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with division personnel, other corporate departments, and external auditors.
- Assist in and learn to use Microsoft SharePoint, Yammer, and similar IT tools
- Assist in detailed financial analysis supervised by others in the Accounting department.
- Assist with month-end close by learning about journal entries, reconciling accounts, and financial statement preparation.
- Shadow accounts payable processes of recording invoices, disbursements, intercompany billing, etc., and payroll processes.
- Prepare and organize consolidated schedules for internal and external reporting and learn to review XBRL facts.
- Assisting with research, SEC filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial report tieouts, such as balance sheets and income statements, and other documents.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.