SHIELD is a Kansas City based manufacturer who designs and builds products for the world’s best sports and healthcare brands. Our lockers are chosen by the top NBA, NFL, NCAA teams and our innovative healthcare products help the best doctors and nurses serve their patients in modern, clean environments at many of the most nationally recognized health care facilities in the United States.
Designing and building great products, with great clients, is in our DNA.
Our Summer Internship Program is geared towards students entering their junior or senior year of college, who have past, applicable internship experience. The Fabricator Internship is an hourly (non-exempt), full-time opportunity that runs from May 30th, 2023 – August 4th, 2023.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Fabricator Intern will work in all phases of fabrication for each of our unique projects specifically designed for our clients. The Fabricator has a direct impact on how each product is crafted and delivered to the client. You will return to school with practical knowledge and experience that is sure to enhance your skill set and career goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS may include but are not limited to:
- Possess an eye for quality and detail and desire to work on cool projects
- Must be willing to do all phases of fabrication
- Always maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Operates power tools and fabrication machines
- Work and collaborate as a team to complete projects on a timely schedule
- Takes direction well and is a self-starter
- Improves processes when necessary