Position Summary / Career Interest:
The intern is designed for the student experience. An internship enables the intern to gain practical experience as a professional under conditions conducive to educational development. The internship will be designed for a specific time period to observe job functions and responsibilities, and gain an overview of the area assigned. The intern will experience typical job responsibilities associated with a specific position or department.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to the mission and values of the hospital.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
- Compile, copy, sort, scan and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other documents.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Check and/or compare documents, forms, applications, or other materials for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and format. Compose routine correspondence and memoranda in accordance with instructions.
- Collect, sort, batch, alphabetize, code, and/or place in numerical order various documents for filing, storage, or processing. Organize, maintain, and/or purge files, documents, and/or logs.
- Receive and respond to inquiries by providing directions, instructions, promotional material, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons.
- Handle and process mail. Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Ensures telephone calls are routed to the appropriate person within Human Resources.
- Assist with scheduling of meetings.
- Retrieve records, assist with requests or inquiries, and route to proper persons.
- Assure that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output.
- Maintain records, determine needs, obtain authorization, and complete forms to replenish equipment, materials, and supplies. Distribute materials as requested.
- Assist, as needed, on established projects or short-term activities. These projects will be checked and approved by the intern’s mentor.
- Assists the department in carrying out various human resource programs for all employees.
- Participates in staff-meetings and committees as requested.
- Greets and assists employees and external visitors in Human Resources and notifies appropriate contact for assistance.
- Assists visitors/employees with entry into the on-line application system, benefit program, and the intranet for human resources forms.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.