The University of Kansas Memorial Corporation is seeking a talented student who is driven to exceed expectations and has a strong understanding of various aspects in video production, including (but not limited to) video editing/shooting, motion graphics, scriptwriting, and audio capture. Working with Memorial Union HR department, the multimedia intern will capture and edit photo and video content to highlight employment opportunities and the employment experience at the University of Kansas Memorial Union Corporation.
These highlighted positions are both student and full time within Dining, Bookstore, Building Services and Business Operations. Our intern will participate in workshop meetings, create and present storyboard ideas and gain experience working with a web designer professional ultimately making web design enhancements. This position will enable our candidate to grow and learn exponentially in creative content and video production.
The ideal candidate would be available to work between 20-30 hours per week over the summer months. The internship and project are designed for completion by August 4, but there is potential for continuing work during the fall semester.
- The Multimedia intern is expected to be able to create short, 2-3 minute videos, photo essays and other multimedia messaging that would best communicate the employment experience and enhance the application website. They will:
- Assist with photos
- Assist in the execution of all multimedia content across Memorial Union platforms
- Assist in conceptualizing, shooting and editing video packages
- Create and present storyboard options; collaborate with company leaders to workshop ideas
- Design and create animated graphics for various projects
- Organize, label and manage assets on the existing media management system; Log and catalog video footage
- The Intern may also lead creative or administrative projects in different roles.
- Manage media on video shoots on a variety of formats and codecs.
- All media tools will be provided as will access to computers with media production and publishing software.