Security Benefit (SB) is seeking a Data Science Intern to join its Data Science and Advanced Analytics team. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides annuities and retirement programs. As an intern, you will be based at our home office in Topeka, Kansas or our Overland Park, Kansas office. SB associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
As a Data Science Intern, you will be a key player in our dynamic and agile Data Science and Advanced Analytics team. You will be integral to executing our company's strategy of leading in data and analytics. Your work will directly influence the scalability and efficiency of our data solutions and systems, driving our business decisions and overall success. You will participate in intriguing projects, and your input will be instrumental in shaping our data-focused environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to data solutioning documentation by:
- Gathering source systems of record for data lineage and formulating resulting refined tables in our cloud-based data engineered platform.
- Assisting in data curation for data analysis, aggregations, and formulating business data product use solutioning definitions.
- Defining data-engineered pipelines, data marts, table structures, and field/column classifications.
- Assist in product technical solutioning documentation by:
- Aiding in capturing and diagramming the product's data value chain traceable through our company's systems.
- Defining REST API data interfaces.
- Participate in platform technical solutioning documentation by:
- Assisting in capturing and diagramming the platform's process value chain traceable through our Central Data Platform and subsystems.
- Defining internal and external interfaces and platform processes.
- Support quality assurance initiatives for data systems, including refined tables, curated tables, and API data transfers.
- Collaborate on development efforts to implement solutions derived from data, product, and platform solutions documentation.
- Perform additional tasks or undertake key projects to support the broader goals and initiatives of the Information Governance Department as required.