Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.
The Nurturing Intern (May -August 2023) is responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers via electronic communications to assist students in the student loan process. This role requires great attention to detail, problem solving, and good communication skills with customers and colleagues. Nelnet Bank is an online de novo industrial loan charter bank, focused on education financing and regulated by the FDIC and Utah Department of Financial Institutions.
- Answer inbound customer text in a courteous and professional manner
- Assist customers/students with answering their loan questions and/or notifying underwriters of application
- Keep customer inquiries and needs organized and precise while using multiple systems
- Ensure privacy and security through proper customer verifications
- Assess customer needs by asking the right questions and build relationships with customers and internal lines of business
- Research and communicate effective solutions while adhering to departmental policies and procedures
- Complete incoming task requests from internal departments and customers
- Other duties as assigned