Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Apply to one of our internships today. Your career awaits.
Since 2012, GRNE-Nelnet, LLC has established deep roots throughout the Midwest. Our teams have been developed to operate in two very different areas - commercial and residential. Our full-service solar installation team includes consultants, engineers, project managers, electricians, and solar installers. Collectively, we have over two decades of renewable energy and green construction experience.
We are looking for an intern to perform a variety of duties in the accounting department. This associate will develop, prepare, and analyze financial and operating data. Excel knowledge is vital in order to be successful in this role. This associate needs to be comfortable creating and formatting spreadsheets with formulas at an intermediate level. Also, must be able to integrate spreadsheets into accounting software.
- Perform Account Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, to include the administration and payment of corporate credit cards
- Reconcile accounts, research and resolve all outages and outstanding items within corporate standards
- Work with internal departments, as well as outside agencies, on various accounting issues
- Provide information to other areas of the company
- Process and distribute reports as necessary and effectively communicate appropriate information to Accounting Supervisors
- Provide backup support for various functions within the department, as directed by management