Security Benefit (SB), a leader in the retirement market, is seeking an Investments Analyst Intern for Spring of 2023 to join the Investments Team. This position will be assisting with managing Security Benefit’s investment portfolio which today includes credit, commercial real estate, private ABS and private equity. This position will be based in our Topeka, Kansas office. SB associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
Security Benefit has been dedicated to helping clients plan and save for retirement for nearly five decades. Over the last several years it has become a top provider of retirement products and services through a nationwide network of independent financial representatives.
- Financial Analysis and Investment Due Diligence: Conduct financial analysis and overall due diligence on existing and new potential investments to understand business performance, operating trends, operating and financial forecasts, industry dynamics and assessing the overall risk of an investment. This includes preparing financial models, investment memoranda, and other necessary business analyses.
- Investment Origination: Assist investment team in originating investments suitable to Security Benefit’s risk and return objectives.
- Portfolio Management: Assist investment team with active management of Security Benefit’s investment portfolio which includes trading, pricing, audit/finance/investment operation requests, legal documentation, and regulatory matters.
- Reporting: Responsible for ad hoc and periodic reporting on portfolios of assets and specific investments.
- Relationship Management: Form and maintain business relationships by interfacing with borrowers and other sources of origination.