Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1500 employees is also a core principle realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S.
Our Data and Analytics Division within Ascend Learning Technology & Operations is seeking a motivated, energetic Data Engineering Intern with background in data engineering and good communication skills to work in our Leawood, KS office.
This is a Data Engineering Intern position in a team of data engineers and data architects. The data engineer intern will have opportunity to contribute to developing and visualizing enterprise level analytics. The intern will be reporting into Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- Work with the engineers, quality engineering, DBAs, product and project management teams to understand new business initiatives related to data and analytics.
- Create and maintain existing Analytics Power BI Dashboards
- Work on data platforms like Snowflake, SQL Server and MYSQL to create queries, view and stored procedures for reporting
- Work on new ETL tools to ingest data from various sources to data platforms
- Document and maintain requirements, data and technical components for future reference