This is an actuarial intern position on the Pricing team. This person supports pricing of personal lines insurance using accepted actuarial standards. Incumbent works closely with their manager to develop appropriate pricing, planning and product strategies of basic complexity to support business goals.
- Completes basic actuarial functions and analysis used in determining the rate level need for all lines of business.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes basic tools and models for review of AFI and industry products and rate structures including review and evaluation of the appropriateness of basic actuarial formulae.
- Completes assigned rate reviews, product reviews and statistical requirements in an accurate and timely manner to assure regulatory compliance and adherence to standard actuarial practices.
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards including actuarial and regulatory/legislative practices.
- Forecasts and communicates short-term and long-term project deliverables and status with assistance.
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are of basic complexity.
- Develops, uses, and maintains internally developed and vendor provided software applications to analyze and develop rate proposals.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the unit and with other AFI departments. Coordinates efforts with other units to support accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists management as requested with special projects, new systems and automation projects, and other duties as assigned.