News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/15/2023 8:15:22 AM to 7/16/2023 12:00:00 AM.
Posted on: June 15, 2023
[ARCHIVED] Practicum Student, Preferred Family Healthcare, Olathe, KS
- Ensure that all program expectations and rules are adhered to, and report behaviors to supervisor, which will assist in client treatment.
- Participate in treatment by helping to identify client’s needs, problems and strengths.
- Document and/or report any areas of concerns related to client’s behaviors/interactions in shift report and/or client record.
- Assist in admission/orientation process including obtaining vital signs if applicable, safety search of client and client belongings and obtaining any urine/lab specimens.
- Assist and educate clients in performing daily activities as needed.
- Assist in orientation of client population with regards to client rights and rules under supervision of the Residential/Clinical Coordinator.
- Assist in the monitoring of client activities and document client activities occurring on shifts that are relevant to client’s progress or behavior, including bed check documentation during overnight shifts. Ensure all clients are accounted for.
- Ensure precaution protocols are adhered to and appropriate documentation occurs.
- Assists in monitoring general health conditions of clients.
- Co-facilitate education or recreation groups as scheduled and assigned.
- Maintain a standard of behavior that is, at all times, consistent with agency expectations and program philosophy.
- Attend staff meetings, treatment team meetings, training sessions, etc. as requested by supervisors.
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to all program policies.
- Assist in screening and monitoring detoxification clients to insure that safety and recovery needs are being met (Adult Programs Only).
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor, Program Director, Vice President, and/or Executive Team members.