THE ROLE : The Technical Support Intern will be part of the Technical Services group that provides AMI/AMR software/hardware and technical support for the three main utility markets (electric/gas/water) in North America. This position will perform first tier/triage technical support for software/hardware and phone/onsite technical support in water/gas/electric utility markets.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform software/hardware phone support and on-site support (on as needed basis) on AMR/AMI systems.
- Primary functions include telephone support of these products with a thorough understanding of our commitment to response times, call escalation procedures, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of handling Technical Service requests from Sales, Distributors, PMs, and external customers using AMR/AMI systems.
- Resolve the customer's issues via past experience, current working knowledge, or by using the knowledge management tool within Salesforce.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities