The Service Advisor is the front line of contact for customers calling into or visiting the branch. They are responsible for positive and effective communication with PrairieLand customers and internal service team to ensure the customers needs are met. The Service Advisor reports to the Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as the primary customer contact for the locations Service Department.
- Assist with technical requests from service technicians and customers.
- Communicate with customers to schedule service, making sure all inbound equipment is properly noted and tagged, as well as the collection of payment for services rendered.
- Help service technicians to improve overall labor performance by creating efficiency gains by helping inspect, move equipment, procure special tools, order/return parts, and assist with technical advice including scheduling internal and external training.
- Open work orders, look up/add job codes for technicians as directed by Service Manager/Shop Foreman, and maintain control until closed and invoiced.
- Schedule and assign jobs and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing.
- Ensure all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Work with technicians to help accurately quote service work and sell needed repairs to customers.
- Submit all service warranty and Product Improvement Program (PIP) claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Develop, communicate, enforce, and monitor effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Participate and lead specific accountability areas regarding annual Service Department goals and budget in alignment with overall company financial and operational objectives.
- Occasionally help in coordinating customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events.
- Assist with supervising and participating in staffing and employee development activities.
- Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the company.