The Sales Representative is responsible for new and used agricultural sales, turf equipment, and compact construction equipment sales to new and existing PrairieLand Partners (PLP) customers. The Sales Representative reports to the Store Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses Company provided systems and tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up, and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Achieves sales goals as established by the Store Manager.
- Effectively understands and uses manufacturers programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
- Sells whole-goods, parts, and services as a customer solution and builds long term relationships within their territory to maximize customer and company profitability.
- Develops a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
- Coordinates and conducts field demonstrations as well as operates machinery at customer work site.
- Coordinates and communicates with customers and applicable departments to ensure timely delivery of purchased equipment.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through timely follow up on each sale.
- Coordinates retrieval and delivery of equipment as needed.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and acts as an ambassador for PLP while performing work assignments.
- Proactively seeks and participates in available training to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participates in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings, and other related efforts.
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership.
- Maintains assigned PLP vehicle and equipment in good working condition.
- Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of PrairieLand Partners.