GAI is seeking an electrical engineering student intern to join our Power Delivery team, to gain relevant skills and experience in Power Delivery Engineering. Required skills include critical thinking, problem-solving, organization, team focus, and eagerness to apply learned engineering principles to solve real-life problems. This is a temporary full-time position at 40 hours a week and a 3-month duration. Additional schedules will be considered. The successful candidate must be eligible to work out of one of the GAI offices listed.
- Assist engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks as required for successful project delivery. Tasks may include:
- Preparation of Specification Packages.
- Preparation of Physical and Wiring Drawings.
- Design and Analysis of Substation Drawings using AutoCAD.
- Performance of Electrical Clearance checks and calculations.
- Coordination and development of client proposals and estimates.
- Apply engineering principles to assist in the design of Power Delivery Projects.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Perform complex tasks typically following established processes.
- Direction Received: Works under lead engineers and project managers to complete day-to-day tasks.
- Possible travel to local project sites (5%).