The Project Manager Intern provides assistance to the roofing and/or mechanical departments for the marketing and the acquiring of roofing and mechanical sales, all aspects of project management of the sales generated or assigned, as well as, day to day operations which will impact the profitability and reputation of the project, department and company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance in developing and tracking sales, sales leads, and promotes department services. Interacts with other departments to promote cooperative sales and production efforts.
- Oversees and directs efforts related to production and quality control.
- Estimates job costs and presents all proposals to be submitted for review.
- Performs the management of projects to meet targeted schedules and costs. Ensures rapid project close-out and turnover.
- Purchases materials and utilizes competent inventory analysis and inventory control.
- Completes billings, approves invoices, material slips, and coordinates with the payroll department in overseeing payroll/timecards for respective projects.
- Resolves disputes with clients.
- Reports all issues which are or may be detrimental to the well-being of the company.
- Maintains, institutes, and protects all company equipment, vehicles and personnel policies.
- Tracks and controls labor and material costs of jobs.
- Set up individual projects.
- Invoice contract and time and material projects.
- Works with prime and subcontractors on all phases of projects including schedules, change orders, submittals, quality control, etc.
- Oversees day to day production maximizing daily revenues.
- Directs customer relation efforts related to field personnel.
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts, and proposals to verify that they do not compromise company policy or exceed intended scope of work.
- Fields customer requests, questions and complaints to the appropriate department.