Our 12-week intern program will challenge and develop your technical, business, leadership, and communication skills. It will provide you insight into an Energy Engineering career with Trane Technologies, focusing on solutions that provide our customers with the most energy-efficient buildings. You will be able to grow in a variety of areas, including energy analysis projects, completion of field energy audits, client interviews, completion of estimates, and development of energy conversation measures, and project management.
For those who mutually agree to pursue this career, this internship also creates the opportunity to join our industry leading Graduate Training Program (GTP) after graduation.
As an Energy Engineer Intern, you may experience and assist in:
- Partnering with Account Managers and Energy Engineers to diagnose energy opportunities with customer’s facilities and provide small energy projects that solve customer issues/opportunities.
- Providing technical analysis/review for energy projects; providing project risk assessment.
- Performing building “walk-throughs” and identifying energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
- Developing existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
- Prescribing best methods for measurement and verification of system performance during the acquisition phase.
- Analyzing data outputs for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
- Assisting with opportunity technical qualification including Preliminary Audits, Benchmarking, Site Surveys, and Interviews.
- Collecting, analyzing, and developing benchmark summary reports to illustrate the pertinent details of building and/or system performance.