You will work on all aspects of construction projects with responsibility for project execution while working alongside a Project Manager to complete objectives within a time frame and available resources. Trane Technologies focuses on solutions that provide our customers with the most energy-efficient buildings.
Our 12-week intern program will challenge and develop your technical, business, leadership, and communication skills. It will provide insight into a Contracting Project Management career with Trane Technologies. For those who mutually agree to pursue this career, this internship also creates the opportunity to join our industry leading Graduate Training Program (GTP) after graduation.
As a Contracting Project Management Intern, you may experience and assist in:
- Planning and coordinating assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives. This could include generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis
- Working directly with the engineering team to support engineering programming and material selection activities related to projects.
- Establishing and maintaining an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope and monitoring the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion by managing expenses.
- Preparing sub-contractor request for quotations (RFQ), including scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receiving and qualifying subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Communicating with contractors, subcontractors and owners to discuss scope of project, budgets, performance, and close-out as well as with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs.