Job Purpose / Duties & Responsibilities
The Procurement Intern will assist the buyers and sourcing department with: running MRP's, analysis of items (obsolescence, stocking, new items) learning setting up items, suppliers, auditing, and supplier communications and delivery performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to company polices and presents a professional, positive attitude at all times.
- Assist with running MRP's and generating orders.
- Assist to provide documentation to management. may include the following, costing, supplier, performance, accounting, quality information, auditing information.
- Will work with existing buyers and sourcing people to help with their daily duties and ensure supplier desired performance is achieved in areas of cost, and delivery.
- Assists with vendor relations to improve consistent cost, and delivery performance.
- Assists in preparing and maintains purchase orders including quantities to insure proper material flow on items needed. Expedites purchase order to insure timely delivery.
- Works with others including Inventory, Project Management, Accounting, Procurement on new items, obsolescence, and data analysis.
- Assist with evaluation and monitoring of supplier performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes and assist with auditing.
- Analyze price proposals and data and information as requested.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with Sourcing and Buyers as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.