This position is for aspiring architects to assist in all phases of architectural design under direct supervision of an architect. This individual will work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Assists project team through all phases of architectural design.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Assists in schematic design, site selection and building analysis (scoping).
- Works with Architects to prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Works with Architects to coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Explores materials, building products, constructability, and processes. Promotes sustainable design.
- Develops client and peer presentation documents and assist in presentations.
- Assists with building code analysis and systems selections.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components
- Assists in contract administration tasks, attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, manages time to meet project deadlines.
- Attends project and studio meetings, continually looks for new and improved ways of completing the above functions, learns studio and BRR standards. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.