Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government, and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Content and Communications Intern champions, protects, and elevates the Pearson VUE brand through the development and delivery of strategic marketing material. They will translate marketing strategies into compelling creative assets across various media types that meet stakeholder and client goals. Working closely with marketing team peers and leadership, they are dedicated to enhancing brand awareness, acquiring new clients, improving the customer experience, and generating both demand and revenue.
This internship is most suited for undergraduate or graduate students currently studying in a marketing, communications, or humanities-related discipline. It will primarily provide exposure to the marketing content and communications specialty at Pearson VUE. The internship offers opportunities to contribute to numerous marketing disciplines, including content strategy and development, outreach campaigns, digital and social media marketing, event management, and client and internal communications. The intern will develop his/her skills in communications, content development, and project management.
- You will be an individual contributor, reporting to the Director, Content and Communications , and your role will include:
- Writing compelling marketing and communications content that aligns to Pearson VUE business objectives, connects with targeted audiences (by global region and market sector), and builds positive brand awareness. This content may include web copy, advertising, social media, email campaigns, marketing collateral, sales enablement materials, client and test-taker communications, and more.
- Working closely with other members of the content and communications team, as well as global marketing managers and cross-functional stakeholders, to define product scope and desired outcomes.
- Collaborating with graphic designers on art direction of design/layout for wide variety of media, including print, video, and digital platforms, as well as websites and social media.
- Overseeing the internal and external production workflow of owned projects– from concept to deliverables – ensuring they are to plan and on deadline.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a marketing, communications, or humanities-related discipline at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Excellent writing skills for print, web, digital, and social media
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, detail-oriented, comfortable multi-tasking across a diverse set of projects, and capable of self-prioritizing workload and managing timelines to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment and rapidly changing priorities
- Work effectively with peers, management, and business partners
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms