Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.
The Financial/Data Analyst Intern for FACTS Ed Solutions is responsible for developing and maintaining financial analysis processes and reporting needs for FACTS Ed Solutions, including forecasting, costing, key metrics, and trends while ensuring data is accurate and of high-quality. This position also assists with the annual budget process, develops standard templates and processes, and provides historical trending analysis.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret financial data.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets using statistical tools.
- Provide service projection reporting utilizing systems such as SQL, Power BI, Power Query, and advanced Excel skills to calculate, process, and extract large volumes of data.
- Develop and maintain trend analysis to project the timing of future services.
- Work with NBS Accounting/Finance to report and explain differences in calendar year P&L and academic year P&L.
- Develop and maintain financial metrics, KPI’s and cost analysis. Analyze results with explanations for growth and/or decline spikes, changes in trend, and variances between budget and actual.
- Identify and implement improvements in business operations reporting, cost analysis and processes.
- Work with NBS Accounting/Finance to support FACTS Ed Solutions.
- Create analysis to evaluate and track the costs of services and to assist in development of strategic plans and the monitoring of performance.
- Manage FACTS Ed’s pricing request process, as well as provide weekly metric reporting of pricing requests.
- Maintain pricing requests in Smartsheets, including a database of contracted service prices.
- Suggest pricing updates/changes to leadership based on analysis of current services.
- Provide sales reports using Salesforce and support the Sales Team with real time analysis of services delivered vs. expectations.
- Assist the Student Data Analytics Team with efficiently processing and analyzing assessment score data for making decisions regarding instructional methods.
- Act as liaison between NBS Accounting/Finance and FACTS Ed Solutions Business Operations.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as requested.