Intern project topics will be selected based on prior professional experience and the needs of the department. Potential topics include analzing international sustainability frameworks, supporting the development of a sports and entertainment industry database, exploring environmental justice programs, researching net-zero initiatives, assessing industry trends and recommendations, among other subjects. The position will include opportunities for exposure to WM’s core businesses. A successful Intern will be a creative problem solver who can quickly synthesize the critical components of his or her research and analysis. This person must be willing and able to build relationships and reach out to other groups within the company to gather information.
Assess growth opportunities for WM, including extensions of core businesses and innovative next-stage opportunities. Work on multiple projects simultaneously, across a broad range of priority topics and involve detailed investigation and assessment of competing companies, industries, and technologies. Creative problem solver who can quickly synthesize the critical components of their research. Interns will work as part of a team with a Senior Manager, Manager, Associates and Analysts, but may also work in larger, cross-functional groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Research, prepare, and present written and verbal reports on sports and entertainment industry and strategic topics.
- Assist with the process to champion and lead interdepartmental projects with other staff to engage multiple key constituencies in the analysis, planning and implementation of assigned projects and corporate initiatives.
- Assist with the management of consulting teams throughout the process of conducting complex analysis, strategy development and group facilitation.
- Assist in organizing the integration of business strategy and planning initiatives with other departments.
- Assist with project management and development initiatives.
- Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.