Under general direction, performs skilled level of work in the operation of fossil fueled engines, electric generators and all associated equipment. Performs engine bidding to the SPP market. Additional responsibilities include mechanical, maintenance, and construction as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs custodial and grounds maintenance, provides plant security, answers phones and dispatches crews for the electrical department.
- Performs startup and shutdown of dual fueled engines, generators and ancillary equipment.
- Takes periodic readings and logs data, acknowledges system alarms, monitors equipment metering and gauges and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Checks all rotating equipment for proper temperatures, oil levels, vibration, and fluid leakage and takes hourly equipment readings, lubricates and cleans rotating equipment as required.
- Operates computers and communications equipment for dispatching and logging purposes, operates electric SCADA system.
- Performs basic plant maintenance, groundskeeping, equipment maintenance, janitorial work, and record keeping.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.