Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technician level I, II, III are entry level apprentice technicians that will successfully progress through the apprenticeship program while demonstrating accountability and participation and will assist in performing maintenance and testing on plant systems and equipment
- Responsible for successfully completing the training and qualification to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to progress through the apprentice program.
- Assist in performing maintenance tasks as assigned requiring application of gained knowledge and skills in all areas of the nuclear power plant including troubleshooting, surveillances, calibration, repairs, rework and preventive maintenance.
- Assignment of more demanding tasks as the level of knowledge, skill and experience increase such as: tools to prepare, use of test equipment, interpreting work packages, procedures and drawings, and provide documentation.
- Ability to understand system prints, schematics, logic diagrams, binary numbering, procedures, and vendor manuals.
- Work independently when qualified in accordance with the training programs. Identify and promptly report incidents, events, deviations, deficiencies or discrepancies relating to plant conditions, Technical Specification, licenses, permits, or Quality programs.
- Assist in the development correction and validation of procedures and work packages.
- Upon qualification and experience, perform related tasks such as E-plan, job critiques, scaffolding, painting, fire watch, confined space, requisitions, walk downs, and peer evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision/management