The primary purpose for the Apprentice II, III positions is to provide a progression path for personnel to obtain the ANSI qualifications required for ANSI qualified Senior technicians. Theses positions will provide WCNOC the ability to train personnel with little or no experience to become a Journeyman RP Technician.
- Successfully complete all Radiation Protections initial, continuing and fundamental technician training requirements or waivers. Also maintain OJT qualifications as required.
- Provide radiological controls when assigned during special and routine plant operations, maintenance, refueling outages or emergencies and ensure all activities are in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and the NRC.
- Conduct routine surveys for contamination, radiation, and airborne radioactivity.
- Perform decon activities when assigned.
- Must be able to work shift hours on a rotational shift.
- Become proficient at the operation of radiation instrumentation and computer systems used for measurement, storage, analysis and processing of radiological data.
- Assist with radioactive, hazardous and mixed waste program.
- Provide E-plan coverage and successfully complete and maintain qualifications.
- Prepare documentation for radiological surveys. Also status responsibilities to perform the necessary documentation as required.
- Maintain compliance with correct postings of radiological postings or warning devices.
- Exhibit and promote awareness and sensitivity to safety issues and ALARA.
Provide mentoring and coaching over decon personnel.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervision/management.