SUMMARY: The Aviation Apprentice Technician must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and will shadow and assist a Senior level Technician that inspects, services, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and overhauls aircraft components while maintaining a safe work environment and following all company and federal rules/ regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Perform work assignments as determined by the team Lead.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with approved technical and regulatory data.
- Records information and accomplishes the work assignments in compliance with the inspection procedures manual and quality policies and procedures.
- Comply with all safety directives and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain all shop calibrated tools in satisfactory operational condition.
- Ability to work in a shop environment with the ability to lift to 100 lbs.
- Assists Aviation Technicians and Shop Supervisors with all maintenance, including preventive maintenance - Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement.
- Acquire necessary knowledge and skills through On-the-Job Training (OJT) and self-study to perform repetitive maintenance repairs on aircraft components.
- Documents work performed per appropriate manuals including but not limited to Maintenance Manual (MM), Repair Station Manual/Quality Control Manual (RSM/QCM), General Operating Procedures (GOPs) and Structure Repair Manual (SRM.)
- Comply with all environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist maintenance technicians with troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications of aircraft systems and/or components.
- Other duties as assigned.