Kansas Adjutant General's Department
Chemical Planning and Release Reporting

 State of Kansas Spill and All Hazard Notification System

24-hour Emergency Spill or Release Notification:
(785) 291-3333

WebEOC Login

PLEASE BOOKMARK THE NEW WEBEOC URL: https://kansas.webeocasp.com

VERBAL NOTIFICATION must be made to the:
Local Emergency Plannig Commission (LEPC),
Commission on Emergency Planning and Response (CEPR)
and the National Response Center (NRC if required) *
Release Report - July 1-Sept. 30, 2022

Spill and All Hazard Notifications

On December 1, 2014 the State of Kansas implemented a new Spill and All Hazard Notification system. The new system should be used to notify the state in the event of any spill, hazard, or train derailment. When calling the new phone system, the caller will be guided through a brief automated menu in order to reach the appropriate agency for their call. Depending upon the type of spill, one state agency will take the spill information and pass it along to the other state agencies with a need to know. The caller will not have to provide multiple state notifications. By decreasing the number of notifications required, it will in turn decrease the time and labor of the person completing the state notifications.

If there is a spill or release of any material (chemical, dry goods, food products, etc.) that impacts the soil, a body of water, or any other environmental impact, immediate verbal notification should be made to the State Spill and All Hazard notification system, (785) 291-3333. If there is a release to the air of chemical covered by the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) or Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), immediate verbal notification must be made to the State Spill and All Hazard Notification system, (785) 291-3333.

* Immediate verbal notification must be made to the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) affected by the incident of any chemical release covered by CERCLA or EPCRA. Any release that exceeds a CERCLA Reportable Quantity also requires the spiller to make immediate, verbal notification to the National Response Center (NRC). The new State process does not make these additional notifications.

It is important to note that oil and gas producers are to maintain their current call processes by notifying their Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) district representative directly. KCC lead spills will not be reported using the new telephone system; however, there is a KCC option in the instance someone wishes to reach the KCC.

Phone numbers for the Kansas Division of Emergency Management (KDEM) and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) can be replaced with the new phone number (785) 291-3333.

Follow Up Spill Reporting

If the chemical spilled or released exceeded the designated Reportable Quantity, written follow up reporting is required. The State of Kansas created the Form A, a simple to use form that captures all the required follow up reporting elements. The Form A can be completed online, which is the preferred method, by mail, or fax. If the spiller does not wish to complete a Form A, they may submit a follow up letter discussing all the pertinent information regarding the spill. It is the responsibility of the spiller to complete the follow up report within seven days of the incident.

The State of Kansas developed an online database for Form A reporting within WebEOC. When a verbal notification has been received by a state agency, an Incident Report is generated. The Form A is then accessible to the spiller. All of the data input by the state agency will be populated into the Form A, leaving the spiller with only a small amount of information to complete. WebEOC is currently used across multiple state and local agencies, and has provided an easy to use online spill reporting platform.

Please contact KDEM in order to obtain a username and password for WebEOC access, please call (785) 646-1423 or (785) 646-1409.

Current Form A Reporting:  https://kansas.webeocasp.com/kansas/

For new account requests, password resets, or spill database support please contact: stephanie.m.goodman2.nfg@army.mil

EPCRA and CERCLA notification and reporting requirements: http://www2.epa.gov/epcra/epcra-section-304

Reportable Quantity

The reportable quantity (RQ) is a chemical specific released quantity reported in pounds and can be found in the Environmental Protection Agency's List of Lists. If the RQ is met or exceeded during a release, there are federally mandated notification and follow up reporting requirements.

EPA Consolidated Lists of Lists: https://www.epa.gov/epcra/consolidated-list-lists

Information regarding Reportable Quantities: http://www.epa.gov/superfund/policy/release/rq/

Train Incidents: Spills and Derailments

If the caller is reporting a spill only, they should follow the call prompts to report a spill. If the caller is reporting a train derailment they should follow the train derailment prompts. If the caller is reporting a train derailment that also has a spill associated with it, they should follow the train derailment prompts and also provide the spill information along side the derailment information.

Important Contacts:

State of Kansas Spill and All Hazard 24-Hour Notification Line: (785) 291-3333

Nation Response Center: (800) 424-8802 www.nrc.uscg.mil

WebEOC Access questions: (785) 646-1423 OR (785) 646-1409

(K.S.A. 65-5705, K.S.A. 65-5708, P.L. 99-499 Sec.301-305, and 29 CFR 1910.120)

Additional Reporting Resources and Links

 Facebook Twitter Page  

Emergency Information

Click here for emergency preparedness information, safety awareness information and general information about severe weather and other potential emergencies that Kansans should be prepared for.

For information provided by Kansas Division of Emergency Management, click here.

For information provided by Kansas Homeland Security, click here.


Questions/suggestions to: Public Affairs Director