Kansas Adjutant General's Department
Military IDs/Records


Obtaining Military ID's

To obtain a military identification card, you may go to the following Kansas locations listed below. Note that some locations require appointments.

To locate a RAPIDS site nationwide CLICK HERE

To schedule an appointment CLICK HERE

To go to the RAPIDS Self-Service portal CLICK HERE


Fort Leavenworth
For more information on obtaining a military ID at this site click here.

Fort Riley
For more information on obtaining a military ID at this site click here

997th Brigade Support Battalion
200 S Main
Hays KS 67601
(785) 646-6418
Office Hours: By appointment only Tuesday  and Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

1st Battalion, 161st Field Artillery
1111 N. Severance St.
Hutchinson KS 67501
(785) 646-4216
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday only from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

235th Regiment Regional Training Site
Kansas National Guard
2850 Scanlan Ave.
Salina, KS 67401-8128
(785) 646-3001/3008 
Office Hours: By appointment only

891st Engineer Battalion
1021 N. State St.
Iola, KS 66749
(785) 646-4000

Joint Force Headquarters
Nickell Armory
2722 SW Topeka Blvd, Room 101
Topeka, KS 66611-1287
Primary phone (785) 646-0177
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

190th Air Refueling Wing – Forbes Field
Force Support Squadron
5920 SE Coyote Drive

Topeka KS 66619-5370
(785) 861-4131
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

USCG Commanding Officer
444 SE Quincy St.
Topeka KS 66683-3591
(785) 339-3600
Fax: (785) 339-3790
Office Hours: Call


Heartland Readiness Center
2808 N. New York St., Rm 218
Wichita KS 67219
(785) 646-6018
By appointment.  Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday only- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or by on-line appointment

184th Wing, Kansas ANG
McConnell AFB
52995 Jayhawk Drive
Wichita KS 67221
(316) 759-7431


























Additional Information

The following guidelines are offered to ensure that your identification card can be issued quickly:

The sponsor has to be with the dependents in order for identification cards to be issued. The only exception is that the dependents have a POA or a DD 1172 filled out and signed by the sponsor in clock 90 and Section IV filled out by either a DEERS issuing facility and/or the unit full timer.

Each person must have two forms of identification (one identification must have a picture). For the primary - acceptable forms of identification are military identification, driver’s license, college identification and passport. For the secondary – acceptable forms of identification are social security card and/or birth certificate or other state issued identification.

Requesting Military Records

Contact the Kansas National Guard Military Archives for;

For discharges after 1991, contact Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs at 785-296-3976.

To request a copy of your military records, please complete a SF180 form and fax to 785-646-0191 or mail to address above. Normally it will take 2 to 3 weeks to receive your records once the request has been received. Contact Bev Lemman at 785-646-0136 if you wish to speak to Military Archives directly.

Request Veteran's service records from National Archives in St. Louis. Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request online. Veterans and next of kin may request records here.

Retirees after 2004 can access their Official Military Personnel File using the Human Resource Command My Records Portal to access their IPERMS records.

Mail requests to;

Kansas National Guard Military Archives

2722 SW Topeka Blvd.

Topeka, Kansas 66612

Department of the Army Photography

Official Department of the Army photos are taken at Nickell Armory in Topeka. To schedule a photo appt and for more information, visit the Visual Information Support Center Page.

Photos can also be scheduled online at Ft. Riley and Ft. Leavenworth through the Visual Information Ordering Site (VIOS).



 Facebook Twitter Page  

Emergency Information

Click here for emergency preparedness information, safety awareness information and general information about severe weather and other potential emergencies that Kansans should be prepared for.

For information provided by Kansas Division of Emergency Management, click here.

For information provided by Kansas Homeland Security, click here.


Questions/suggestions to: Public Affairs Director